Dubbo Project – Modification 1 Approved
RWC is pleased to announce that Modification 1 (MOD 1) to the Dubbo Project was approved by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment on 2 March 2023. The Modification Report supporting this application was prepared by RWC on behalf of Australian Strategic Materials (Holdings) Ltd and submitted in March 2022.
Key components of MOD 1 include the following.
- Construction and operation of a Chlor-alkali plant for the production of hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide.
- Construction and operation of a brine concentrator.
- Relocation of approved infrastructure areas including the Solid Residue Storage Facility, Salt Encapsulation Cells, Rail Container Laydown and Storage Area within the Project Site.
- Realignment of the Macquarie River Water Pipeline.
- Extended construction hours for non-linear infrastructure to 24-hours per day, seven days per week.
- Extension of the Project life by eight years from 31 December 2037 to 31 December 2045.
The Dubbo Project is a key sustainable and secure source of critical metal oxides and raw feed for Australian Strategic Materials (Holdings) Ltd’s international operations. MOD 1 will ensure that the Dubbo Project is optimised to minimise water usage and maximise the value adding component of the metal production process.