1. We Respect your Privacy
- 1.1. We respect your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your Personal Information.
- 1.2. “Personal Information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Personal Information
- 2.1. Personal Information is information or an opinion about an individual who is identified or who can reasonably be identified (for example, your name and address can be used to identify you as a person). Personal Information also includes Sensitive Information.
- 2.2. Sensitive Information is a type of Personal Information which is more sensitive in nature (for example, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, memberships of professional associations or unions, and also health information). We only collect Sensitive Information if the circumstances require the collection as necessary.
3. Personal Information we may Collect and hold
- 3.1. Information about your identity and your contact details (name, address.es, email address/es, telephone numbers, dates of birth, employment, and occupation details.
- 3.2. Financial or taxation.
- 3.3. Directorships, other office holdings, shareholdings, similar interests.
- 3.4. Reasons/relationships to business dealings.
- 3.5. Records of contact and other correspondence with us.
- 3.6. Agreements and contracts held with us.
- 3.7. When you visit our website – your location and activity information, IP address and any third-party sides you access. For more information about this refer to our Website Terms and Conditions.
- 3.8. Other information we consider necessary to conduct our business dealings.
- 3.9. In some circumstances, we may collect sensitive information about you (for example, about Sensitive Information Links to agencies/government bodies/ land councils, etc, etc). If we need this information, we will ask for your permission (unless the law does not require us to do so).
4. Collection of Personal Information
- 4.1. We will, from time to time, receive and store Personal Information you provide on our website, provide over the telephone, via facsimile or email/online or though face to face interactions.
- 4.2. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- 4.3.We may also collect your Personal Information when you use our products and/or services (for example when entering into any agreements).
- 4.4.We may also collect information about you from other sources, such examples as:
- 4.4.1. Our related companies;
- 4.4.2. Public sources of information such as public registers, social media, LinkedIn and other online networks or platforms;
- 4.4.3. Your representatives (for example legal advisor, trustee or attorney);
- 4.4.4. Other organisations who, jointly with us, provide products or services to you (including persons who we arrange or distribute products on behalf of);
- 4.4.5. Our service providers (such as contractors or agents engaged to deliver services); or
- 4.4.6. Other persons who hold Personal Information that we need in order to provide a product or service to you, where it is unreasonable to obtain that information from yourself.
5. Use of Personal Information
- 5.1. We may use Personal Information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services.
- 5.2. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- 5.3. We may use your Personal Information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- 5.4. We may use your Personal Information to tell you about products or services (including those of third parties) that we think you may be interested in. We will do this unless you ask us not to.
- 5.5. We may use and share your Personal Information so that we can provide products and services to you, and to manage our business and relationship with you.
- 5.6. We may use your Personal Information to conduct our business dealings and activities; for example, the delivery of consulting services involving but not limited to the following services.
- 5.1. 1 General Consulting Services
- 5.1.2 Environmental Impact Assessments
- 5.1.3 Rehabilitation Plans and Environmental Management Plans
- 5.1.4 Rehabilitation and Closure Plans
- 5.1.5 Baseline Environmental Monitoring
- 5.1.6 Environmental Auditing and Due Diligence
- 5.1.7 Liaison with Government Agencies
- 5.1.8 Community and Stakeholder Consultation
- 5.1.9 Geological Assessments
- 5.1.10 Environmental Assessments of Mineral Exploration
6. Not Providing Personal Information
- 6.1. If you do not provide us with your Personal Information we may be unable to:
- 6.1.1. Provide you with the products or services you or your organisation requested;
- 6.1.2. Assist or deal with you; or
- 6.1.3. Administer our products and services or manage our relationship with you.
- 6.2.You may prefer to deal with us anonymously or via using a pseudonym, however we may not be able to provide a reasonable interaction in these cases.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- 7.1. Where we are permitted under the Privacy Act, we may share your Personal Information.
- 7.2. We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our related companies, employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
- 7.3. We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers in order for us to provide you with our product and services for example:
- 7.3.1. Specialist Consultants;
- 7.3.2. Government Agencies; or
- 7.3.3. IT Service Providers.
- 7.4. We may need to share some of your Personal Information with organisations overseas (or organisations that have overseas or cloud-based data access or storage). The countries in which these overseas recipients are likely to be located include:
- 7.4.1. Australia; and
- 7.4.2. United States of America.
We only share Personal Information with overseas recipients for the purposes described in this policy.
- 7.5. Personal Information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- 7.6. We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- 7.7. We may also use your Personal Information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of R.W. Corkery & Co., www.rwcorkery.com.au, www.rwcorkery.com, its customers or third parties.
- 7.8. If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
8. Security of Your Personal Information
- 8.1. We or third-party service providers on our behalf may store your Personal Information in hardcopy or digital electronically.
- 8.2. We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure and take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- 8.2.1. Requiring staff enter confidentiality agreements;
- 8.2.2. Requiring third party contractors to enter confidentiality agreements;
- 8.2.3. Providing Privacy and Information Security training to staff;
- 8.2.4. Adopting security requirements on document storage and retention;
- 8.2.5. Monitoring online security systems;
- 8.2.6. Using security measures to control access to physical premises and IT systems (such as key-locks or passwords); and
- 8.2.7. Using electronic security such as firewalls, data encryption and anti-virus software.
- 8.3. Whilst we take reasonable measures to safeguard the information we collect, hold and share, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you send or transmit to us or receive from us (as internet and/or physical communication means of information exchange may not always be secure).
- 8.4. When we no longer require your Personal Information (for example after a business or legal need has surpassed) we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information is de-identified or destroyed.
9. Access to your Personal Information
- 9.1. You may request from us details of or copies of the Personal Information we hold about you. You can do this by contacting us using the details provided in section 13 of this policy. We will need to confirm your identity before providing any access.
- 9.2. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of accessing and collating the material requested if we provide you access.
- 9.3. Reviewing requests for information and responding to such requests will be undertaken in a reasonable period of time.
- 9.4. If you believe any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact is using the details provided in section 13 of this policy.
- 9.5. There may be requests for information which we may refuse to provide access. This may be due to the information being commercially sensitive, or would unreasonably impact on someone else’s privacy. If this is the case, we will explain this decision and whom you can contact to complain about the refusal.
10. Complaints About Privacy
- 10.1. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please write to us using the details provided in section 13 of this policy.
- 10.2. We take complaints very seriously and will respond within a reasonable period of time after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- 11.2. The most updated version of this policy can be found on our website at www.rwcorkery.com.au or www.rwcorkery.com or you may request a copy free of charge by using the contact details in Section 13 of this policy.
- 12.1. When you come to our website (www.rwcorkery.com.au, www.rwcorkery.com) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- 12.3. Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
13. Contacting Us
- 13.1.You may contact is in any of the following ways.
In person At any of our offices
By Mail PO Box 239, BROOKLYN, NSW 2083
By Phone +61 02 9985 8511
By Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This document is effect from: 22 December 2021